Thai Pesto Marinade for Grilling
Restaurant worthy! Use to marinate pork, chicken or fish...don't forget wings. One recipe yields enough marinade for approximately one pound of meat.
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns, ground fresh (can sub tricolored mix)
- 5 -6 large garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro, with tender stems
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or 1 teaspoon Thai fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon mild vegetable oil (or amount to desired consistency)
- With a mortar and pestle, grind together ground peppercorns and garlic. Add cilantro and work into a paste. Stir in soy sauce (or fish sauce) and vegetable oil until evenly mixed. This may, also, be done in a small food processor or food grinder. Keeps up to 4 days.
- In a 1-gallon ziplock bag, combine marinade and chicken, pork or fish pieces, messaging to evenly coat; chill 1-2 hours or overnight. Please, don't forget to season with salt before grillling.
- For a compatible dipping sauce, see recipe #457035.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION