Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
Easy to make, appetizer or finger food, these hot and spicy little fish cakes are not only delicious but also healthy, and kind on the waistline!!!
- 1 lb white fish fillet
- 1 red chili peppers or 1 green chili pepper, de-seeded and chopped finely
- 2 ounces green beans, chopped very finely
- 2 spring onions, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, and roots chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
- 4 -5 fresh kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded or 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste, more if you like it really hot
- oil (for frying)
- Cut the fish into chunks, put in your food processor with the rest of the ingredients, except the oil, and blend using the on/off technique until you have a minced texture but not a paste.
- Remove from the food-processor bowl to another dish.
- Take approx a dessert spoon full of the fish mix, with wet hands form into balls then flatten them with the palm of your hand into cakes.
- Leave them in the fridge, covered, to firm up for an hour or more.
- When ready to cook, heat up the oil and fry the little cakes about 1 minute on each side.
- Drain on paper kitchen towel.
- Serve with a Thai dipping sauce**There several recipes on the site.
The cakes were so delicious, and made good appertizer. However, I think I need a binding ingredient since my cakes were falling apart when I tried to turn them over. I added a teaspoon of cornstarch to the second batch, and that really helped. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
Good, really a 4 1/2 star, but they weren't that flavourful, I wimped out and didn't use all the curry paste as I wanted to taste more than heat. I couldn't seem to get them to brown at all, but I'd try them again.