Recipe by Rita~
This is a Spicy Dish! Lots of flavor!You can adjust the heat! Feel free to add more or less chili peppers (Thai Peppers).
Top Review by Skipper/Sy
Since I love Asian cooking, this recipe is perfect for my tastes! Many Thai recipes use lots of "Hot" chilis. However, I toned this recipe down a bit by using medium hot peppers. Also, I used less Fish Sauce (which is Anchovies based). If you are looking for the taste of coconut and curry, this is the recipe to try.
- 1 tablespoon curry
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced
- 5 leaves fresh basil, ripped in half
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1 stalk of the bottom softer part lemongrass, rough outer leaves removed crushed and very thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil (separated in half)
- 1 slice gingerroot, sliced finely
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced in circles
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 -2 hot chili pepper, sliced very fine deviened and seeded
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a sauce pot simmer first 10 ingredients for 5 minutes.
- In a frying pan heat 1 tablespoon oil and quickly saute ginger, garlic, onion,& red peppers till crisp, add to coconut milk mixture.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil and brown chicken slices, 2 minutes, add to coconut mixture.
- Add the amount chili peppers to pot according to how hot you like your food!
- Simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Serve with cooked jasmin rice.
- Topped with toasted pine nuts.