Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A friend found this on a can of tomatoes years ago, I like it with boneless chicken thighs and a tossed green salad.
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups chicken stock
- In a sauce pan, brown rice in the oil over medium heat.
- Stir constantly, to avoid burning.
- When the rice is brown, add the onion, bell pepper, chili and garlic powder.
- Turn the heat to high and cook for 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Add the tomatoes and then the chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes.
This was very good. You can rarely go wrong with Dancer's recipes. Thank you!! I didn't have chili powder so I substituted 1/4 tsp cayenne and 1/4 tsp cumin. (My kids didn't want real spicy) I also used a fresh tomato.