Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Enjoy a taste of the tropics with this quick and easy dish, luxuriously combining fresh shrimp with mango.
- vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- 7 ounces red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 7 ounces tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 cup fresh tomato sauce (if needed)
- 2 mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1 lb large raw shrimp, heads removed, shelled and de-veined
- chopped cilantro, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan.
- Add in the onion and fry gently, stirring often, until translucent. Stir in the ground coriander and chili powder and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes and continue to cook until the tomatoes have disintegrated and amalgamated with the onion and spices. If the sauce begins to dry out mix in the fresh tomato sauce.
- Stir in the diced mango and cook slowly until softened.
- Add the shrimp and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes until the shrimp are pink and cooked. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve at once.