Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe on a website a few weeks ago and it was wonderful! If you do not like extremely spicy food try adding a 1/2 cup of coconut milk right after you add the shrimp and cook just until the coconut milk has thickened and the shrimp is cooked through.
- 2 tablespoons chili-garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3 teaspoons fish sauce, divided
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb asparagus
- 3 tablespoons oil
- fresh cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice
- In a medium size bowl add chili garlic sauce, garlic, sugar, lime juice and 2 teaspoons of the Fish Sauce. Mix well. Add shrimp and mix until covered with sauce. Set aside to season.
- Diagonally trim asparagus into one inch pieces. *If thicker asparagus is used, boil in salted water 2-3 minutes. Drain, and immediately cool down in ice water. Drain well.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over a high heat. Add asparagus, remaining teaspoon of Fish Sauce, and fresh cracked pepper. Stir-fry 2-3 minutes, or until asparagus is tender-crisp.
- Add shrimp mixture to skillet. Stir-fry until shrimp turns opaque (pink) and sauce is well mixed with ingredients. Serve immediately. If desired, sprinkle with cilantro and serve with hot Jasmine Rice.