Recipe by Malaika T
A spicy shrimp dish with a touch of sweetness. Great over brown rice. My husband who is not a big fan of shrimp loves this dish.
- 2 lbs jumbo shrimp, shelled & deveined
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar (balsamic or red wine)
- 1⁄2 cup peach marmalade
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the lime juice, orange juice, hot sauce, vinegar, peach marmalade, olive oil, cayenne pepper and ginger in a bowl.
- Place the shrimp in a glass dish or reseable plastic bag.
- Pour the mixture over the shrimp and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hr (but up to over night).
- Coat a non-stick skillet with cooking spray and heat over a med-high setting.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade, reserving a cup of the marinade.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook until they are slightly pink.
- Add the cornstarch to the marinade and mix well.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the skillet and finish cooking the shrimp.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.