Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This simple-to-make dish is great for any meal. It's power packed with protein and flavor for spicy food lovers! Don't be thrown by the finished product's appearance. They are as tasty as they are UGLY!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup salsa (I like Frog Ranch Chipotle Salsa and Meijer's Medium Organic Salsa)
- 4 large eggs or 8 egg whites, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces light sour cream (optional)
- 2 ounces guacamole (optional)
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet over high heat.
- Add salsa and saute lightly until thickened.
- Add eggs and cheese, stirring constantly until eggs are cooked through.
- Serve immediately with sour cream and guacamole.
- NOTES: Would be yummy in a wrap or with tortilla chips!
This is my new go-to breakfast on a weekday. I like to chop up a scallion (and sometimes a shallot too) and saute that a bit before adding the salsa. If you make this with egg beaters, it's not as awesome, but super-healthy!
I cut up some extra onion and some bell pepper as well since I had some on hand and added it to the salsa. After the eggs were made I spread sour cream on a soft tortilla and made a wrap. It was VERY good. I'm not a huge fan of eggs, but these tasted awesome. I will make this again for sure.
Recovering from a THR so I was looking for something simple & yummy, this was it. I sauteed some hash browns first and took them out of the pan. Then reduced the salsa, added the potatoes back in with the eggs & monterey jack cheese. Super, and DH absolutely loved it. Loved the salsa trick, will be making this again. Thanks Heather.