Indian Spicy Scrambled Eggs
I found this recipe in an Indian cookbook and adapted it a little bit to suit our tastes. My fiance calls this the best way of making scrambled eggs. Scrumptious!
- Ready In:
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 medium onion, chopped (or 4 spring onions)
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 chili pepper, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 medium tomatoes, blanched and chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- salt, to taste
- Fry the onion, garlic and chilli until the onions are translucent.
- Add mustard seeds, turmeric and garam masala and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and keep cooking, stirring regularly, until tomatoes start to break up.
- Pour beaten eggs into the pan, season with salt and cook, stirring constantly, until they are done.
- You can serve this garnished with fresh, finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Note: You can use less garlic than the recipe indicates if you don't like it that much, or even cut it out. I don't always have chillies on hand, so I leave them out - all this means is that the eggs will be slightly less spicy, but will still taste really nice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this for this Spring's Pick-A-Chef. I am a big Indian food fan and I like spicy scrambled eggs. This recipe tastes like curried eggs. I used a seeded jalapeno pepper and still found it a bit bland. I gave it 4 stars because although I didn't really like the combo of seasonings...think others would likely enjoy this recipe.Reply
see 2 more