Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe I saw in Paula Deen's magazine and wanted to post to try here sometime soon.
Make and share this Spicy Sausage and Cauliflower Soup recipe from Food.com.
- In large Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, or until sausage is browned and crumbles.
- Remove sausage, and reserve drippings in pan (drippings should equal about 1/4 cup).
- Reduce heat to medium; add vegetable oil.
- Add flour and cook, whisking to remove any lumps, until light brown.
- Stir in chicken broth, whisking to remove any lumps.
- Add cauliflower, and simmer until tender and begins to fall apart.
- Stir in half-and-half.
- To serve, top each bowl with desired amounts of crumbled sausage.
- Garnish with cheddar cheese and green onions, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- Note: For a smoother soup, puree in a food processor before adding half-and-half.