- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 lb bulk hot sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (15 1/2 ounce) cans great northern beans, undrained
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cansready-to-use chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the sausage, onion, and garlic; cook for 5 to 6 minutes, or until no pink remains in the sausage, stirring frequently to break up the meat.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.