Spicy Sausage and Bean Soup
photo by Cookin-jo
- Ready In:
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- 1 diced yellow pepper
- 1 diced red pepper
- 30 -40 ounces chicken broth (if you like it thicker or thinner)
- 1 diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces diced turkey kielbasa
- 15 -30 ounces drained black beans (I only use 1 can but the recipe says 2)
- 1⁄2 cup hot salsa (I get the fresh kind in the Deli)
- chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- Saute onion in olive oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sausage and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add yellow and red pepper, saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 30 oz of chicken broth and bring to boil.
- Add tomato, beans, and salsa. Reduce heat to low. Add more chicken broth if you like it less chunky.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes or until veggies are soft. Top with cilantro and serve!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love cooking from scratch and I love savory foods. This website has been a godsend because of the recipe ratings. It's so easy to find a great recipe now without having to test it out first. I hope I can contribute to that!