Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is really good. I got it from deep fried live.com
- 12 ounces flaked salmon
- 6 tablespoons fresh breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon horseradish cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- If you’ve got fresh salmon, broil or bake with a little olive oil, allow to cool, then flake. (Cook an extra fillet the night before, maybe?) Canned salmon is okay, but fresh tastes much better.
- Beat egg with the milk, salt, pepper and paprika in a medium-sized bowl. Add salmon, breadcrumbs, dill, and horseradish, and mix thoroughly. (For VERY SPICY cakes, add 2 tbsp horseradish).
- Use your hands to form six 1½-inch diameter balls, flatten to about ¾ inch rounds, and refrigerate for ½ hour. Before cooking, roll lightly in flour (being sure to dust off excess).
- In a large sauté pan melt butter over medium heat. When it starts to bubble, add cakes and cook for 4 minutes then flip and cook for another 4 minutes (they should be browned, but not burnt). Serve immediately.*
- *Serve with lemon wedges or a nice Cucumber Salsa made up of chopped cucumber and tomato, spinach, red onion, salt, pepper, and lemon zest.