Prep 3 mins
Cook 12 mins
Adopted recipe! Pumpkin gives this soup great creamy texture.
Make and share this Spicy Pumpkin Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup corn kernel, frozen or canned
- 3⁄4 cup bottled mild salsa
- shredded cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Heat oil in a 3-qt saucepan.
- Add garlic, chili powder and cumin.
- Stir over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add broth, increase heat then stir in chick-peas, pumpkin, corn and salsa.
- Bring to a boil the reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes to develop flavors.
- Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with cheese and sour cream, if desired.
~I use recipes as "suggestions"~
I added ground beef, onions, cilantro, cayenne pepper, lime juice, a splash of Worcestershire sauce, diced black olives and used small black beans instead of garbanzos. Garnished with diced avocado and grated cheese.
It was a hardy soup that was delicious!
Delicious, quick, healthy! I look for quick, healthy meals to make for lunches. This soup fits my requirements perfectly. I did add an extra can of chickpea as I like a hearty soup. I completely forgot about the optional garnishes as we were eager to try this soup. Perfect for this chilly fall day! Thank you for posting!
I loved it! I made as directed (using frozen corn), except I used salsa that was hotter than mild. :) I skipped the optional sour cream and cheese garnish, but I'm sure the addition would be nice. It's quick to put together, made with ingredients I always have on hand, and not half bad for you--great combination. Thanks!