1/1 Photo of Spicy Pumpkin Soup
Barefoot Beachcomber's Note:
Adopted recipe! Pumpkin gives this soup great creamy texture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup corn kernel, frozen or canned
- 3/4 cup bottled mild salsa
- shredded cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- 1Heat oil in a 3-qt saucepan.
- 2Add garlic, chili powder and cumin.
- 3Stir over medium heat for 1 minute.
- 4Add broth, increase heat then stir in chick-peas, pumpkin, corn and salsa.
- 5Bring to a boil the reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes to develop flavors.
- 6Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with cheese and sour cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Pumpkin Soup
Serving Size: 1 (622 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.5
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1477.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 16.3 g