Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is incredibly budget friendly, and delicious served with garlic bread and/or a green salad.
- 1 butternut pumpkin, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1000.0 ml water
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 14.79 ml green curry paste or 14.79 ml red curry paste
- fresh herbs of choice, to garnish
- Saute the garlic, curry paste and pumpkin until frangrant. The oil in the paste should eliminate the need for any extra - if it appears to be sticking, add a little water.
- Pour in the water and crumble in the stock cubes. Bring to the boil, then lower heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
- With a fork, mash some of the pumpkin roughly to achieve a thick, rustic texture.
- Simmer for another 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. If it looks watery, continue to simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve garnished with the herbs.
Really great. I used veggie stock, but everything else as written. Yummy and easy. Thanks.