Prep 50 mins
Cook 0 mins
Just re-located this recipe from one I received from a wives club when living in Saudi Arabia during the Gulf War. Had put it away, forgot about it and just found it, so have not tried it yet, but want to as it sounds yummy. Maybe someone else will enjoy too.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add celery and onion, sauté until onion is golden, about 10 minutes.
- Blend in flour, salt, ginger, and nutmeg.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Transfer to processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- Turn into large bowl.
- STir in milk, blending well.
- Ladle soup into bowls and serve.
- Note: This soup can also be served chilled.
I made the soup this afternoon to include with a pork dinner this evening. I have to say that it's very easy and really yummy. I used heavy cream for the milk ( accidentally bought 6 liters of it instead coffee creamer and need to use it somehow). I came out smooth and velvety. I *might add a bit of cinnamon next time, not because it really needs it but just because I'm a cinamaholic and add it to most things. :D