1/1 Photo of Spicy Pork Soup
From Bon Appetit, June, 2000.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon oriental sesame oil
- 1/2 lb pork tenderloin, cut into thin 1 1/2 inch long strips
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 4 cups canned low sodium chicken broth
- 4 1/2 ounces fresh linguine, cut in half (half of 9-ounce package)
- 1 1/2 cups mung bean sprouts (about 4 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- cayenne pepper
- 1Heat sesame oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 2Add pork, sliced green onions and minced ginger and stir-fry 1 minute.
- 3Add chicken broth, pasta, bean sprouts and soy sauce.
- 4Bring soup to boil.
- 5Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until pork is cooked through and pasta is just tender, about 3 minutes.
- 6Season soup to taste with cayenne pepper and salt.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Pork Soup
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.5
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 37.4 mg
- Sodium 861.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 23.6 g