From Bon Appetit, June, 2000.
Make and share this Spicy Pork Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon oriental sesame oil
- 1⁄2 lb pork tenderloin, cut into thin 1 1/2 inch long strips
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 4 cups canned low sodium chicken broth
- 4 1⁄2 ounces fresh linguine, cut in half (half of 9-ounce package)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mung bean sprouts (about 4 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- cayenne pepper
- Heat sesame oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add pork, sliced green onions and minced ginger and stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth, pasta, bean sprouts and soy sauce.
- Bring soup to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until pork is cooked through and pasta is just tender, about 3 minutes.
- Season soup to taste with cayenne pepper and salt.