Recipe by Mercy
This recipe from "The Best Slow Cooker Cookbook Ever".
Top Review by nemokitty
YUMMY!! I used 1 can of white beans, used salsa instead of tomato paste and added pineapple out of our backyard and a little juice from cutting up the pineapple. We really loved it! Will make this one again.
- 1 lb lean boneless pork, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup dried small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained, juice reserved
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (or (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon cumin (or less to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 3-1/2-quart electric slow cooker, combine the pork, beans, hot water, tomatoes with their liquid, tomato paste, juice from pineapple chunks, chilies, onion, chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder; mix well.
- Cover and cook on the low heat setting 8-1/2 to 9 hours until the pork and beans are tender, stirring once halfway through the cooking time, if possible.
- Stir in the pineapple chunks and serve.