Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A good accompaniment to chicken, pork, or lamb.
Top Review by swissms
This is a lovely side dish....wonderful combination of flavors. I did substitute frozen sliced peaches for ease and used sliced almonds because I did not have any slivered almonds on hand. We enjoyed this alongside barbecued ribs basted with a peach sauce.
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth or 2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 large peaches, peeled, pitted, and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄4 cup toasted slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a saucepan, bring broth and salt to a boil.
- Add in rice; return to a boil.
- Transfer to a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish that has been lightly coated with cooking spray.
- Add in spice, honey, butter, peaches, and nuts; mix well.
- Cover and bake about 45 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.