1/2 Photos of Spicy Parsnip and Carrot Soup
Patchwork Dragon's Note:
This is from a Good Housekeeping book called Healthy Eating...very easy to make
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and finely chop the onion. Peel and cut parsnips and carrots into evely sized pieces.
- 2Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the vegetables, coat with oil,and cook for a few minutes until they start to soften. Add the curry powder and cook, stirring, for a minute.
- 3Stir in the stock and milk. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Bring to the boil then reduce heat to a gentle simmer. Cook for 15-20 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- 5Allow to cool a little, and then puree in a blender or food processor until smooth. If it's too thick for your liking add more stock.
- 6Reheat gently to serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Parsnip and Carrot Soup
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.4
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 1.4 mg
- Sodium 95.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: