Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have taken this to many potlucks and am always asked for the recipe. I like to make the dressing sometimes to serve on a regular tossed salad.
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb fresh spinach, washed and torn
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts or 1 can bean sprouts
- 1 (4 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, cleaned and sliced thin
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- tomatoes, cut-up (optional)
- Make the dressing at least a few hours in advance to"meld" the flavors.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Pour boiling water over the bean sprouts;let stand a few minutes and drain.
- Mix all the salad ingredients together and chill until serving.
- Just before serving, toss with dressing.