Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 4 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice or 1⁄2 cup pineapple-orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot, grated
- 1 tablespoon sriracha chili sauce
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Combine flour and pepper and salt. Cover tilapia filets in flour mix - there is no wash, so only a light layer will stick.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large pan. Cook floured tilapia in olive oil, about 2 or 3 minutes on each side, until firm to the touch. Remove tilapia from pan and cover to keep warm.
- Wipe the pan clean and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the onion and saute in pan until almost cooked, 6-8 minutes. Add the orange juice, lemon juice, ginger, sriracha and bring to a simmer. Whisk in the butter and remove the sauce from the heat. Spoon over the tilapia and serve.