Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 hrs
These are simple and great!!
Make and share this Spicy Orange Beef Kabobs recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs flank steaks, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 oranges, zest of
- 3 oranges, juice of
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 5 fresh garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 red bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 lb cremini mushroom
- In a large bowl, mix together the first 9 ingredients, cover, and refrigerate over night or at least 6 hours Soak kabob skewers in water for 5 minutes.
- Skewer all of the ingredients in a chosen order and sprinkle with salt Meanwhile, preheat grill to about 400°F.
- Grill for about 10 minutes or until the meat is cooked through, basting with the orange marinade through and after cooking.
I just did not care for the flavor of this dish, and hubby said it was ok. For us it just lacked flavor except for the orange flavor. It seemed to be missing something. I don't like to rate a recipe low, and I try not to base my opinion solely on my own personal taste because what I don't like, another person might love. The directions were very straightforward and easy to follow, so I gave 3 stars. Sorry we did not love this one, but I wouldn't let that keep me from trying some of your other delicious sounding recipes. Thanks for posting this recipe, its always fun to try something new.
This is a delicous recipe! I started out making only half the recipe, but forgot to cut all the marinade ingredients in half, except the orange juice and zest. It worked out fine anyway. I also didn't want them to be too hot for my taste, so I cut the crushed red peppers in half too. That gave it a nice kick, but it wasn't painful either. I'll definitely make this one again! I made it in the broiler as my BBQ ran out of gas right after I turned it on.
These are so good!! I make them in the broiler because I don't have a BBQ, but they're delicious and the whole family loves them. Nice and spicy.