- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons beer or 6 tablespoons club soda
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons oil (for batter plus enough to fill deep fryer)
- 1 red onion, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oil to 375 degrees.
- Stir together flour, chili powder, cumin, baking powder and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, beat beer, egg, and oil.
- Gradually add dry ingredients until combined.
- There batter should be smooth, with no lumps.
- Dredge onion slices in flour, then dip into batter.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Salt immediately after removing from oil.