Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
From Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon
Make and share this Spicy Meatloaf - Nourishing Traditions recipe from Food.com.
- 907.18 g ground beef or 907.18 g other red meat
- 226.79 g ground beef heart (optional)
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 59.16 ml butter
- 1.23 ml dried chili pepper flakes
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 4.92 ml cracked pepper
- 4.92 ml sea salt
- 354.88 ml whole grain bread, crumbs
- 236.59 ml cream
- 1 egg
- 14.79 ml fish sauce (optional)
- 59.16 ml organic tomato paste or 59.16 ml naturally sweetened ketchup
- Saute onions, carrots, celery in butter until soft.
- Stir in chile flakes, thyme, pepper, and sea salt.
- Soak bread crumbs in cream.
- Use hands to mix meat, sauteed vegetables, soaked crumbs, egg and fish sauce.
- Form into a loaf and set in 9X13 pyrex pan.
- Ice with tomato paste or ketchup.
- Add 1 cup water to pan and bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.