Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
From Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon
Make and share this Spicy Meatloaf - Nourishing Traditions recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs ground beef or 2 lbs other red meat
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef heart (optional)
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole grain bread, crumbs
- 1 cup cream
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (optional)
- 4 tablespoons organic tomato paste or 4 tablespoons naturally sweetened ketchup
- Saute onions, carrots, celery in butter until soft.
- Stir in chile flakes, thyme, pepper, and sea salt.
- Soak bread crumbs in cream.
- Use hands to mix meat, sauteed vegetables, soaked crumbs, egg and fish sauce.
- Form into a loaf and set in 9X13 pyrex pan.
- Ice with tomato paste or ketchup.
- Add 1 cup water to pan and bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.