Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
his could be served over mash, or as finger food for a party, even made into larger burgers if you wished.
- 500 g ground lamb
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chopped chili
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 fresh lemon rind
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and chopped
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- Combine all meatball ingredients, except the oil.
- Mix well and taking about 1 tablespoon of mix, form into balls.
- Place on a foil lined baking tray, and spray with the oil.
- and bake in a moderate oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- SAVOURY JAM: Place all ingredients into a saucepan and slowly bring to the boil, stirring to ensure the sugar dissolves.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until a jam-like consistency is reached.
Excellent!!!! What else can I say.. We loved the combination of flavours in the meatballs themselves but that Jam is to die for. I did make one change in the jam and that was to add a little bit of chili flakes. It added just a little kick after it, I made these as part of a nibbles, finger food night and boy did they go down well. We had already started on the jam last night with some lamb patties I had made and every single one of us has fallen in love with the jam. I did find I had to cook my jam for way longer, to ge the desired consistency, I found about 1 hour, but the end result was outstanding. The meatballs themselves were packed with so much flavour, they were good to eat just by themselves, but the jam for us, just put the dish over the edge. A cracking recipe Cheers Jan
I found it delicious, especially the jam of course. I did put salt into the meatballs and pepper into the jam.