Gingery Plum Jam
photo by beadogeo1
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 5mins
- Combine plums and water in a Dutch oven, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in sugar, juice, ginger, and rind.
- Cook over medium heat 40 minutes, until thick or a candy thermometer reaches 210÷.
- Stir mixture occasionally.
- (Do not overcook or mixture will scorch).
- Discard lemon rind.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a wonderful recipe. I doubled it since I had more fruits and given in the recipe and I used the minced ginger already prepared for sushis. The taste is out of this world, deliciously tickeling the buds with ginger and lemon. From now on, I will use this recipe for my plum jams. Thanks Mirj! Addition: I presented it at a local fair and it won 3rd prize. Thought that you would like to know.