Saskatoon Berry Jam
Posted for Saskatoon Lovers Everywhere!
- Ready In:
- 4 1⁄2 cups saskatoon berries, crushed
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package powdered fruit pectin
- 6 cups sugar, white
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- Prepare canner, jars, lids.
- In a large stainless steel saucepan combine the crushed saskatoons and lemon juice.
- Whisk in pectin until dissolved.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Add sugar all at once, return to a full, rolling boil while stirring constantly.
- Boil hard for 1 minute.
- Immediately stir in Grand Marnier.
- Remove from heat.
- Skim off foam if needed.
- Ladle hot jam into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Remove air bubbles, wipe rims, adjust caps and screw rings to finger tip tight.
- Process for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath.
- Remove canner lid and let stand 5 additional minutes.
- Remove jars, cool and store.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Thank you Dib's, I did this tonight I had 5 cups of Saskatoon berries. I pulsed the berries in a food processor so used another cup of sugar these berries this year were not very juicy so we added about 1 cup of organic apple juice and I got 8 pints of Saskatoon Jam. We like lemon so my DH added 2 Tablespoons more instead of the Grand Marnier we used cinnamon yummy we don't like to use pectin if we can help it so we just simmered to the jam stage bring it to a rolling boil you can't stir down and it's ready.Thanks so much for posting absolutely wonderful after we were done we licked the pot clean!1Reply