Recipe by GenYChef
A beautiful red spice mix with a kick, this spice combo is good as a general purpose taco seasoning replacement or as a meat rub. Works best with pan fried or grilled chicken or steak, but should be good with pork, lamb, or anything else that breathes air. Would also be good sprinkled over pasta or added to steamed vegetables. To add more of a kick replace one part ground black pepper with one part cayenne pepper.
- 44.37 ml dried thyme
- 29.58 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 14.79 ml cayenne pepper
- 14.79 ml Hungarian paprika
- 14.79 ml garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ingredients together.
- Store spice mix in a glass jar in a cool, dark place for up to 4 months (begins to lose flavor after 4th month).
- Shake over food liberally in the last 5 minutes of cooking time. This ensures the spices have time to heat-activate but don't break down.