Recipe by HeatherFeather
Adapted from "The Miniature Book of Tomatoes" by Jane Donovan. I havent tried this yet. The heat factor will vary based on the type of chili sauce you use-Asian chili sauce for a morefirey result, or grocery store chili sauce if you like it milder.
Top Review by Pinay0618
We really, really enjoyed this. We did not skin the chicken, but marinated overnight in the fridge. Loved the back-end heat (we used Sriracha for the chili sauce). We will definitely be making this again.
- 8 skinless chicken thighs, with bones
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomatoes, drained
- 6 teaspoons tomato paste (really)
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon garam masala, spice blend
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 inches fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- lemon slice, to garnish
- lime slice, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Slash through the meaty part of the thighs with a knife 2 or 3 times, then set into a shallow non-metal casserole (such as a glass pyrex baking dish).
- Combine marinade ingredients (except garnish) in a blender or fodd processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour marinade over chicken, turn to coat, cover and let marinade in the fridge 2-3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190C) and bake uncovered, basting occasionally, until cooked through and juices run clear, approximately 45-50 minutes.
- Garnish with slices of lemon and lime.