3 hrs 50 mins
Adapted from "The Miniature Book of Tomatoes" by Jane Donovan. I havent tried this yet. The heat factor will vary based on the type of chili sauce you use-Asian chili sauce for a morefirey result, or grocery store chili sauce if you like it milder.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 skinless chicken thighs, with bones
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomatoes, drained
- 6 teaspoons tomato paste (really)
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon garam masala, spice blend
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 inches fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- lemon slice, to garnish
- lime slice, to garnish
- 1Slash through the meaty part of the thighs with a knife 2 or 3 times, then set into a shallow non-metal casserole (such as a glass pyrex baking dish).
- 2Combine marinade ingredients (except garnish) in a blender or fodd processor and blend until smooth.
- 3Pour marinade over chicken, turn to coat, cover and let marinade in the fridge 2-3 hours.
- 4Preheat oven to 375 F (190C) and bake uncovered, basting occasionally, until cooked through and juices run clear, approximately 45-50 minutes.
- 5Garnish with slices of lemon and lime.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Marinated Chicken Thighs
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.0
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 114.5 mg
- Sodium 802.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 29.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: