Recipe by Mike Marek
Hearty and healthy soup great on cold days and to pack for lunch at work or school. Adapted from a recipe published in Light and Tasty magazine Reiman Media Group
Top Review by Likkel
Today was the perfect, blustery and icy Fall day to try this hearty soup and it was great! The kids came in from playing out in the leaves and needed something to warm them up quick, I needed a easy dinner that everyone would enjoy and this really fit the bill! Thanks for sharing a really good soup.
- 1 lb low-fat kielbasa
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 4 stalks celery hearts, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small green cabbage, shredded
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans great northern beans
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with basil and garlic
- 8 ounces of shredded carrots
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice kielbasa and cut into bite-size pieces.
- In a non stick skillet brown kielbasa over medium high heat until browned.
- Put kielbasa into the crockpot or slow cooker.
- Add onion, garlic, celery, green pepper and cabbage to skillet and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and deglaze the skillet.
- Add vegetables to the slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix together.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.