Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
This needs to marinade overnight.I usually grill longer than recipe says to.I like mine well done.
Make and share this Spicy Grilled Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- In a large ziploc bag,combine the first 15 ingredients,mix well.
- Reserve 1/3 cup for basting and refrigerate.
- Add chicken to remaning marinade and turn to coat.
- Seal bag,refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discarde marinade.
- Grill chicken uncovered over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side.
- Baste with reserved marinade.
- Continue grilling 6-8 minutes or until juices run clear,basting and turning several times.
This is a taste of home recipe. I've made this recipe lots of times. The longer you marinate it the better is gets (about 1-2 days in the fridge is what I like to do). I leave out the sweet spices sometimes (cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice b/c DH doesn't like them). You can kind of play with the flavors you like or don't like. Also I agree about the grilling time. I think 8-10 minutes per side is about right. This is a really good recipe.