Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
This needs to marinade overnight.I usually grill longer than recipe says to.I like mine well done.
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- In a large ziploc bag,combine the first 15 ingredients,mix well.
- Reserve 1/3 cup for basting and refrigerate.
- Add chicken to remaning marinade and turn to coat.
- Seal bag,refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discarde marinade.
- Grill chicken uncovered over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side.
- Baste with reserved marinade.
- Continue grilling 6-8 minutes or until juices run clear,basting and turning several times.
This is a taste of home recipe. I've made this recipe lots of times. The longer you marinate it the better is gets (about 1-2 days in the fridge is what I like to do). I leave out the sweet spices sometimes (cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice b/c DH doesn't like them). You can kind of play with the flavors you like or don't like. Also I agree about the grilling time. I think 8-10 minutes per side is about right. This is a really good recipe.