Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Cuisine at Home/Cuisine Tonight. For my husband, Will.
- 8 slices thick-sliced bacon
- 8 slices artisan-style bread
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 8 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 1 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Saute bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp.
- Transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate.
- Spread butter on 1 side of each bread slice.
- Assemble sandwiches on 4 bread slices, buttered side down, by layering 1 slice pepperjack cheese, 1/2 an avocado, 2 slices bacon, 2 slices tomato, and another 1 slice pepperjack cheese.
- Top sandwiches with remaining 4 slices of bread, buttered sides up.
- Cook sandwiches in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until bread is crisp and browned on both sides.
- Slice sandwiches in half; serve with red grapefruit wedges.
What isn't there to love as you bite into warm crispy toasted bread (I used wholemeal/wholegrain), sweet vine ripened tomatoes, crispy salty bacon, smooth creamy avocado and finish off with a sharp vintage cheddar with spicy black cracked peppercorns. Thank you ratherbeswimmin' and Boomette for the recommendation, made for I Recommend Tag Game.
A very yummy grilled sandwich. I enjoyed this very much. It was thick and very filling. I used a homemade farmers bread, colby cheese which I sprinkled with red pepper flakes, since I was out fo Monterey Jack cheese and didn't want to wait to make it. Thanks rathrbeswimmin' for sharing a delicious sandwich recipe which I will make again. :)
So good! This has a nice little kick from the pepperjack and great flavors. I used wheat bread. Thanks for sharing!