Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
If you like cilantro and garlic with a kick, give this a try. Easy to throw together and tasty. From the Gilroy Garlic Festival in California
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 head garlic, cloves peeled (yes, the entire head of garlic!)
- 2 tablespoons coarse black pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (I prefer hot)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or 1⁄2 teaspoon chipotle pepper
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 lime, juice of
- 12 -20 chicken legs (wings and thighs work also)
- Process marinade ingredients in food processor until it forms a coarse paste.
- Marinate chicken at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight.
- Barbeque chicken slowly over low heat until done as you like (about 1 hour for myself). You can baste periodically with remaining marinade if you like. Smoking with mesquite chips adds a variation.
This was an ok dish, a bit of overkill on the spices, we could barely taste the chicken. For anyone who says 'they can't get enough of spicy foods', this would be their dish. Made for PAC 2007