This recipe uses convenient frozen pinto beans, not dried. This crock pot chili can be thrown together in just a few minutes usually with items you already have on hand. The spice level can be adjusted by varying the amount of jalapeno's or leaving them out completely.
- 16 ounces pinto beans, frozen
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-fat beef broth or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 3 jalapenos, diced (I have also used 3-4 tablespoons of hot pickled jalapenos when I don't have fresh)
- Place all items into crock pot. More broth can be added if desired.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.