Recipe by WeeMep
I got this recipe from my Chef in school. I really enjoyed it. It was nice to get a little kick out of your cornbread!
Top Review by sugarpea
Light, fluffy and beautifully golden. I baked this in a 9" cast iron skillet for the recommended 20 minutes so perhaps that's why it came out a little dry. Stick with the baking dish and maybe you'll have better luck. The spiciness was very mild.
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, pepper flakes, and salt together.
- In a seperate bowl mix the eggs, vegetable oil, sour cream, and yogurt together.
- Stir the flour mixture into the wet ingedients until the batter is combined.
- Add the jalapeno chilies and cheddar.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9" square pan.
- Bake at 400 for about 20 minute Or until a toothpick comes clean.