Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Nice alternative to having plain old corn out of the can. Can use frozen, defrosted corn too, of course. Nice side dish for Tex Mex dishes like tacos or fajitas.
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- In medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter, cream cheese and milk until smooth and creamy.
- Stir corn and green chilies into cream cheese mixture.
- Pour mixture into 2 quart casserole dish.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
This is so good. I was making this and my neighbor came over and was eating it right out of the pan before I even baked it...lol. I will make this again , we loved it. I make this to go with fried chicken and mashed potates. It was a great meal, thank you for sharing this recipe with us.
This is so easy and very good . It was exactly what I was looking for.
I really enjoyed this creamy,slightly zesty corn dish. It was a very simple to prepare, but tastes great. I think this would go very well with other Tex-Mex inspired dishes. I used light cream cheese and Smart Balance margarine.