Spicy Macaroni and Cheese Casserole
Hope you like this as much as we do!
- Ready In:
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) package macaroni and cheese mix
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper powder
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Make mac and cheese according to pkg instructions.
- Then brown and crumble ground beef with onion.
- In a 9x13-inch dish combine all ingredients and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I thought that this dish sounded easy and super quick to make. I had all the ingredients on hand but had no idea that I would give it 5 stars! My family loved it. My daughter asked me what it was after she had eaten and when I told her how simple this was to make, she couldn't believe how delicious it was either! This is now added into our menu rotation. Thanks.
This recipe was made on 5/5/09 for the " A Taste of Yellow 2009 " event.While the meat/onion mixture was browning, some seasoned salt and garlic powder were added.I also added some cayenne pepper for a bit more of a " kick " While mixing, I did have to add about 1/3 cup more milk to get it all blended together. And before baking, about another 1/2 cup of cheese was sprinkled over the top. Baked it just a bit longer to get the added cheese a bit crispy. This was very quick and easy recipe that will be made again. Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "