Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
though it is a very simple to do recipe, it tastes great and as a lover of spicy food it is a must everytime we barbeque.... hope you guys enjoy it as well as we do....
- 1⁄4 head green cabbage (shredded)
- 1⁄4 head red cabbage (shredded)
- 2 carrots
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 2 tablespoons raisins or 2 tablespoons currants
- 4 tablespoons dry roasted salted peanuts
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce (sambal oelek, to taste)
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 limes, juice and zest of
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper
- mix some salt to both the cabbges in a big bowl and keep on the side.
- prepare the dressing _ crush garlic finely. Grate carrots, cut the peppers into julinnes.put sugar, galic, chilli sauce, lime juice, oil and soy sauce in a blender and mix everything properly or till sugar is completely dissolved. Mix carrots, peppers,raisins and penuts to the cabbage and mix thoroughly. Add dressing and mix again, preferbably with very clean hands. Add coriander and chill the salad to develop the flavors. This salad can be made ahead a day. check seasoning before serving the salad.