Recipe by Oolala
From a Tyson chicken cookbook. This recipe was a contest winner and was submitted by Melissa Gilbert of Frederick, MD. I haven't tried it yet.
Top Review by SarasotaCook
Very nice flavors, I made this for a working lunch and everyone loved it. The lunch was for 8 and I doubled the sauce. The sauce to me was the best part and their wouldn't of been nearly enough for my tastes. The sauce was really good and also over the rice as well.
I did use 2 breasts (bone in), cut into 1/3 pieces and then thighs 5 thighs, they were small. I am not fond of legs. I garnished with un-sweetened coconut, but lightly toasted; and also some additional scallions in the dish as well as some for the garnish.
Nice easy dish with lots of favor Thx for posting.
- 4 chicken thighs
- 4 chicken legs, drumsticks
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 dried red hot peppers
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 cups rice, cooked
- 1 lime, sliced (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup coconut, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large, nonstick frypan, place oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook about 5 minutes to brown on all sides; remove from the frypan and keep warm.
- To the pan, add onions, salsa, garlic, peppers, curry, salt, and pepper and cook about 2 minutes, stirring until onion has browned.
- Return chicken to the pan; pour coconut milk and lime juice over the chicken and simmer on low heat about 30 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
- Remove and discard the peppers.
- To serve, place rice in serving platter and then top with chicken mixture.
- Garnish with lime slices and sprinkle with some of the grated coconut and pass the remainder.