Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I love the fresh taste of frozen corn in this rather than most versions that use canned or creamed corm. I combined several recipes to come up with this one using frozen corn. My son-in-law thought it was great and practically ate the whole casserole.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup cracker crumb
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Turn on oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix 1 Tablespoon melted butter and bread crumbs and set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet. Add shallot and saute 5 minutes. Add flour and spices. Gradually stir in milk and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Add cheese and stir until melted. Add frozen corn and egg. Stir well,.
- Pour into greased 2 quart casserole and top with crumb mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
Awesome! One of the best corn casseroles out there. Not heavy like most casseroles. Love the tiny kick from the cayenne pepper. We had it at Thanksgiving and it was a huge hit.