1/1 Photo of Spicy Black Bean & Chorizo Chili
This was my first introduction to Chorizo sausage. When I make home-made chili, this is the recipe I use. Adapted from a recipe I got from some magazine years ago. Usually buy my chorizo, but have also made my own. I like that you don't have to be so exact when chopping the ingredients, since it's going to be pureed anyway.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 226.79 g chorizo sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-3 chipotle chiles in adobo, chopped
- 29.58 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground pepper
- 283.49 g can rotel, undrained
- 2 (850.48 g) can black beans (1 drained, 1 undrained)
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 118.29 ml frozen corn
- 1In large skillet, cook chorizo sausage over medium heat until cooked through (5-10 minutes). Remove from the pan.
- 2Add vegetable oil and cook peppers & onions until soft. (About 8-10 minutes).
- 3Add garlic, chipotle peppers & spices. Stir in rotel (undrained), broth & 1 can black beans (undrained).
- 4Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce to simmer and cook 10 minutes.
- 6Puree in blender or food processor in batches until you have blended it all.
- 7Return to the skillet. Add the cooked chorizo, the drained can of black beans and the frozen corn.
- 8Cook over medium heat until reaches desired consistency. (About 5-10 minutes).
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Black Bean & Chorizo Chili
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.7
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 1106.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.5 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 21.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo