Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is my friend Gale's favorite soup. She makes a huge pot, and makes fresh baked bread and just enjoy.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups carrots, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons white sugar (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- Combine everything in your crock pot and cook on HIGH for the first hour.
- Turn the temperature down to LOW, and cook 7 more hours.