Prep 1 hr
Cook 6 mins
This recipe is courtesy of Emeril Lagasse. The original recipe called for Cilantro but I substituted Italian Parsley. Be sure not to overcook the shrimp and soak your bamboo skewers in hot water for at least 30 minutes.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil or 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced Italian parsley
- 1 large fresh jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled
- 8 bamboo skewers
- Peel shrimp and set aside while making marinade.
- Combine all ingredients except shrimp and mix well.
- Add shrimp to marinade mixture and toss thoroughly to coat.
- Marinate shrimp for at least one hour.
- Preheat gas grill for 30 minutes.
- While grill is preheating place 10 shrimp on each skewer.
- Place skewers on grill and cook for about 3 minutes on each side or until shrimp are pink and lightly charred on both side being careful not to overcook.
- Remove from grill and serve.