Charred Lemon Shrimp Skewers
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 lemons, zested and lemons halved
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed and seeded and chopped into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 20 large shrimp, peeled, tail and head removed (about 1 1/4 pound)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
Garlic Green Sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup almonds
- 3⁄4 cup parsley, roughly chopped
- 3⁄4 cup mint, roughly chopped
- 2 anchovies
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- In a medium bowl, whisk to combine red wine vinegar, lemon zest and olive oil. Pour half of marinade into a bowl with the rosemary sprigs, red bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, zucchini, salt and pepper and toss well to combine. Keep in bowl or transfer to a large resealable bag and marinate for a minimum 2 hours and up to 4 hours.
- Pour remaining marinade in a bowl with shrimp. Season with with smoked paprika, salt and pepper and combine well. Keep in bowl or transfer to a resealable bag and marinate, refrigerated, for 2 hours.
- For the garlic green sauce, combine garlic cloves, almonds, parsley, mint, anchovies, olive oil and lemon juice in a blender or mortar and pestle and blitz until combined.
- Soak 8-12 wooden skewers in warm water for 20 minutes before threading 5-6 shrimp on each one, repeating with remaining shrimp. Thread vegetables onto separate skewers, alternating between ingredients.
- Grill vegetables skewers on a high heat grill (350-400 F.) uncovered, turning 3-4 times for 10-12 minutes or until charred and slightly tender, set aside.
- Apply shrimp to the heat and constantly turn for 2-3 minute or until golden red and cooked, then cook the 2 lemons, cut side down, for 4 minutes or until charred.
- To serve, place half the garlic green sauce down on a serving dish, place the skewers down and finish with more green sauce on top. Serve charred lemons on the side.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!