1/3 Photos of Spicy Asian Chicken Soup
A foodlover's Note:
I found this in my Shape magazine. It is a great lowfat soup that helps on a cold day or as a flu zapper. It looks like a long list but it is quick to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (48 ounce) can nonfat chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Asian chili sauce or 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, more if you like spice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and cut into 8 slices
- 3/4 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into thin 3 inch long strips
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushroom (or white button mushrooms)
- 1 cup snap peas or 1 cup snow peas
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon lime zest (green part of peel)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1Combine the broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, chili sauce, lime juice and ginger and boil for 5 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile toss the chicken with the cornstarch until it is completely coated.
- 3Add the chicken and the shiitakes to the broth and simmer 15 minutes.
- 4Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the snap peas, red peppers, lime zest and cilantro.
- 5Let the soup stand 2 to 3 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Asian Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (515 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.7
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 54.4 mg
- Sodium 2455.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 22.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Asian chili sauce