Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Applesauce and yogurt make these so moist and yummy!
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml light brown sugar
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground allspice
- 2.46 ml ground cloves
- 3.69 ml freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 295.73 ml plain low-fat yogurt
- 59.16 ml unsalted butter, melted
- 59.14 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 14.79 ml granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line 18 muffin cups with paper or foil liners. Lightly spray the liners with vegetable oil spray.
- In a food processor, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, and 1/2 teaspoons of the nutmeg and pulse to blend. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, yogurt, butter, applesauce, and vanilla. Fold the yogurt mixture into the dry ingredients until just blended.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle the granulated sugar and remaining 1/4 teaspoons over the muffins. Bake for 18 minutes, until the muffins are springy; let cool in the pans for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
I made half the recipe and got 9 muffins. I used just a little bit less of brown sugar. The taste is so good with all the spices. And the texture is great. Thanks Kathy :) Made for PAC Fall 2012