1/1 Photo of Spiced Yogurt Muffins
Applesauce and yogurt make these so moist and yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Line 18 muffin cups with paper or foil liners. Lightly spray the liners with vegetable oil spray.
- 3In a food processor, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, and 1/2 teaspoons of the nutmeg and pulse to blend. Transfer to a large bowl.
- 4In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, yogurt, butter, applesauce, and vanilla. Fold the yogurt mixture into the dry ingredients until just blended.
- 5Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle the granulated sugar and remaining 1/4 teaspoons over the muffins. Bake for 18 minutes, until the muffins are springy; let cool in the pans for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Yogurt Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1037 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.6
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 28.4 mg
- Sodium 184.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 3.0 g